No Resident Evil 7 announcement at this year’s E3, source confirms
Monday, 27 May 2013
By Geimaku


A source close to Capcom has confirmed to Geimaku that the publisher has not a Resident Evil 7 announcement planned for this year’s E3, despite recent rumours of a possible announcement.

The rumours emerged last week, along with this promotional poster which turned out to be fake.

The rumours seemed unlikely to begin with. Not that it is to early – not for Capcom. Fans may recall that it officially announced Resident Evil 5 mere months after the release of its predecessor Resident Evil 4. But because Capcom is uncertain about the future of the Resident Evil franchise. Last month, it deemed Resident Evil 6 – its biggest game ever published – a failure due to missing sales and back in 2011 Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, its Slant Six Games-developed action game, received mixed to negative reviews from critics.

Capcom has said that it will closely monitor the feedback surrounding Resident Evil Revelations on consoles and PC to determine where to take the series in the future.

“I think we’ll get a lot of input from the fanbase and the media on what it means for Resident Evil, and what it could mean for the future of the series,” Masachika Kawata, Resident Evil Revelations producer, said earlier this year. “We’ll definitely be looking at that as a signpost for where we need to be going next.”

Page 1